Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build a system that will move or throw an object. There will be three categories:
- Mousetrap car measuring the distance it moves; the furthest car wins (video evidence required)
- Trebuchet - a system that throws a tennis ball the furthest distance (video evidence required)
- Mousetrap car measuring the speed – fastest time per metre wins (video evidence required)
- You will most likely have to research; record all your sources
- I am not able to provide any equipment for you. I’m terribly sorry; mousetraps are available at all grocery stores; if your designated shopper will go to the dollar store for you, that would be safe and acceptable.
- Possible wheels: old CDs, LEGO wheels, toy car wheels, etc.
- Hot glue would work the best for your parts
- Possible ideas for parts: cardboard, bamboo kabob stick (for the wheels)
- You’ll definitely need string
Mousetrap Cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7zWwo9dbiU
Trebuchets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Hwxw4fgqk; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDY4qqKIryI; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yckFFbHRxpg
THE TEMPLATE TO USE AND FILL OUT IS ATTACHED BELOW: